Sunday, February 15, 2015

Flames of Love in the World


This quote touches my heart and makes me wish that I could bring light into the lives of all those who are aching and despairing in the world.

It's a little late for Valentine words of wisdom, but here they are anyway.  Look around and find the love that is everywhere.  Are you feeling that there is none in your life?  The best way to find love is to bring it to someone else.  Show a random person a bit of kindness and watch the light dawn in their eyes... or maybe it won't, but there will be a little flame growing in your own.

Are you having trouble with the people whom you love in your life?  Do your best to keep loving them anyway, find the spark of light that lives in them and try to blow it into a flame!  See the love that they have for you and try to see what is shadowing that light, what it is that they need help with to find the way out of the dark.

When my kids get depressed, sometimes for no reason at all as that particular chemical imbalance runs in the family, I can only offer what sometimes works for me:  doing something, anything for someone else.  Sometimes nothing works and you just have to hang on until the black box opens up and lets you out, but trying to step outside of self and helping to bring the light to others can help to lighten your own darkness.

I have so much love in my life, such a loving family, so many friends, and still I struggle some days to find the light in the darkness of this vale of tears.  My heart cries for those who are fighting these battles on their own, and I hope I can be at least a little flicker to someone who needs it.

May you all be as flames of love in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment